MAS Livable City Tour: Exploring London’s Olympic Legacy
March 2-7, 2013
Travel with MAS to London on a specially tailored program featuring tours and discussions with key players who are actively engaged in innovative urban planning and design.
Download full tour details and registration information (PDF).
Participate in private discussions and tours with head of the Tate Modern’s Regeneration and Community Partnerships, the Olympic Park Master Planner, and key design staff from the Olympic Park Legacy.
- Visit the Docklands, one of London’s most extensive rehabilitation projects, as well as the Tate Modern and OXO Tower Wharf.
- Enjoy lunch at the top of “The Gherkin,” with a private talk and tour with Tee Dobinson, The Gherkin Guru.
- Meet with the Prince’s Trust for Building Community, an organization founded by HRH The Prince of Wales to support holistic community planning and design.
- Learn how London’s urban redesign projects have transformed derelict properties and affected local neighborhoods.
- Visit the cutting edge Shard shortly after its February grand opening.
- Stay at The St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, itself a tale of rebirth, a national treasure that was almost reduced to rubble but is today a first class historic hotel with elegant grand reception rooms and fine dining.
Cost: $5,890 per person sharing in a double room, excluding airfare.
For inquiries, or to express your interest, please contact Bryan Ross at: bross[at]mas.org or 212-935-3960 ext. 1221.
Space is limited to 14 people on this exclusive experience