Insights from the 2015 Annual Members Meeting
March 3rd, 2015, 5:31 pm
At the MAS Annual Members Meeting, MAS members were invited to a rich discussion around the future of New York City and the important role MAS serves as your partner in shaping our neighborhoods. As we look ahead to our 125th year, MAS will continue advocating for intelligent urban planning and design, ensuring that our built environment promotes a livable and resilient city. MAS President Vin Cipolla engaged in a thought-provoking conversation with Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen about the pressing issues facing New Yorkers today and innovative solutions for moving forward — from affordability and housing, to entrepreneurship and economic development and the campaign for a new Penn Station. MAS Members also heard about our city’s rapidly changing skyline from Justin Davidson of New York Magazine, as well as new ways of leveraging development to pay for our most important civic assets, highlighted by Brooklyn Public Library President Linda Johnson. Missed it?:
- See all the highlights on Flickr!
- Hear the conversation between MAS President Vin Cipolla and Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen (mp3)
- Hear MAS Executive Director Margaret Newman discuss our upcoming initiatives for this year (mp3)
- Hear New York Magazine Architecture Critic Justin Davidson discuss our city’s rapidly changing skyline (mp3)
- Hear Brooklyn Public Library President Linda Johnson discuss new ways of leveraging development to pay for our libraries (mp3)