This walk will be along the Hudson River, starting at the World Trade Center, and ending at Pier 59, where the Titanic was to dock. It is exactly 3 miles along the Hudson River Walking Pathway.
All of the following questions will be answered and points will be made:
1. Where did this part of Manhattan originally end and how much of our walk will be upon landfill?
2. How close were the World Trade Towers to the original edge of the island?
3. Why do they call the Hudson “the river that runs both ways?’
4. The Hudson River along Manhattan is not actually a river. What form of body of water is it? Hint: it’s the only one in the continental United States.
5. How many ways are there to cross the Hudson from New Jersey to Manhattan?
6. Why is it a myth that the Dutch purchased the island of Manhattan for $24?
And much more!
It is 3 miles and completely flat. There are Citibike stations along the route
RSVP is required and capacity is limited. Meeting location, ending location, and directions will be provided via email before walk date.
Friday, May 5, 202311:00 AM
Greater than 1 hour
Theme: Environment, History & Culture