Jane’s Walk NYC 2019
Celebrating Jane Jacobs and New York City
On May 3-5, thousands of New Yorkers took to the streets to celebrate Jane Jacobs and the city we love.
This annual event held the first weekend in May is a global festival of free, volunteer-led walking conversations inspired by urban activist Jane Jacobs. During Jane’s Walk weekend, the simple act of exploring the city is enhanced with personal observations, local history, and civic engagement. Jane’s Walk encourages people to share stories about their neighborhoods, discover unseen aspects of their communities, and connect with visitors and neighbors alike. Take a look at walks from the 2019 Jane’s Walk weekend below, and save the date for Jane’s Walk next year, May 1-3, 2020.
Questions for the Jane’s Walk NYC team or want to get involved next year? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.935.3960.
2019 Jane’s Walk Photos
See select photos from Jane’s Walk 2019 here and by searching #JanesWalkNYC on social.
About NYSCA: Jane’s Walk NYC is paid for in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
- Jane’s Walk FAQ. Download now →
- Jane’s Walk Examples. Download now →
- Jane’s Walk Leader Training Guide. Download now →
- Jane’s Walk Flyer. Download now →
- Jane’s Walk Reading List. Download now →
- Jane’s Walk 2019 Printable Walk Listing. Download now→
- #JanesWalkNYC Photo Contest: Rules and Prizes. Download now→
- Who was Jane Jacobs? Take a look at an illustrated guide of her principles →
The Jane’s Walk NYC team is here to help. Contact us at email@example.com.