Design our 2020 Jane’s Walk Tee
Submission deadline: February 11, 2020
In 2019, MAS provided Jane’s Walk t-shirts to all volunteer walk leaders, offering a way to unify the festival experience and amplify visibility for the Jane’s Walk movement.
This year, we are seeking designs to feature on our 2020 Jane’s Walk t-shirt. Local New York-based artists are encouraged to apply. The best submissions will be ones that reflect the exploratory, fun, and community-driven spirit of Jane’s Walk! Hundreds of walk leaders will take to the streets wearing this shirt during the 2020 festival on May 1-3, and the winning design will be featured in Jane’s Walk promotions throughout the spring.
The winning designer will also receive:
- A complimentary ticket to MAS’s Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Medal Gala on April 27 at the Museum of Modern Art;
- A one-year membership to MAS at the City-level; and
- A one-year membership to MoMA at the Individual level!
Submissions have now closed. The winning design will be announced later this spring.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: INSTRUCTIONS AND APPLICATION
A. Eligibility and Restrictions
- Your design must be original work.
- Your design may include a maximum of two colors from the following three options: black (#000000), white (#FFFFFF), and goldenrod (#FFCC00). For specific color codes, click here.
- Your design must include the text “MASNYC,” “Jane’s Walk 2020,” and “#JANESWALKNYC.” If submitting one design, all three terms must appear therein. If submitting two designs (for the front and back of the t-shirt), the terms may appear in any combination, so long as the three terms are included once, either on the front or back of the t-shirt.
- If you would like to access MAS branding materials (such as our color codes, logo, and font files), please click here.
- Your design must be submitted in PNG format.
- You must coordinate with MAS on any possible revisions needed to align your design with the Contest Instructions in order to send the shirts to print by March 13.
B. Production Requirements
- Your design will be printed on a sky blue Gildan 100% cotton t-shirt.
- Your design will be printed within a 14” W by 17” H area on the t-shirt.
Designs should be submitted online at https://masnyc.typeform.com/to/br5B5K by 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, February 11.
d. Evaluation Criteria
MAS Staff will select the winning design based on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the design embodies the explorative, fun, and community-driven spirit of Jane’s Walk.
- The strength and uniqueness of the design’s aesthetics.
- The degree of creativity employed in the design.
- The design adheres to the above listed Eligibility Requirements.
E. WINNING PRIZE
The winner will receive:
- One free ticket to MAS’s 2020 Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Medal Gala at the recently expanded Museum of Modern Art on April 27, 2020. The winning design will also be featured on MAS’s website, monthly newsletter and social media.
- One-year MoMA Individual membership.
- One-year MAS City Individual membership.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, February 11
- FINAL SUBMISSIONS SELECTED: Late February
- T-SHIRTS TO PRINT: March 13
- EVENT: Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3
ABOUT JANE’S WALK
Jane’s Walk is a global festival of free, volunteer-led walking conversations inspired by urban activist, Jane Jacobs. During the Jane’s Walk festival, the simple act of exploring the city is enhanced with personal observations, local history, and civic engagement. MAS is proud to be the local organizer of Jane’s Walk NYC. What started with a handful of walks in 2011 has since grown into a three-day celebration featuring hundreds of walks across the five boroughs.
ABOUT THE MUNICIPAL ART SOCIETY OF NEW YORK
For more than 125 years, The Municipal Art Society of New York (MAS) has worked to educate and inspire New Yorkers to engage in the betterment of our city. As a non-profit advocacy organization, MAS mobilizes diverse allies to focus on issues that affect our city from sidewalk to skyline. Through three core campaign areas, MAS protects New York’s legacy spaces, encourages thoughtful planning and urban design, and fosters complete neighborhoods across the five boroughs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 935-3960
Best of luck and happy designing!