MAS in the News: Garment District Survey
Recent news coverage on MAS independent survey findings on City’s proposal to relocate Manhattan Garment District
August 16, 2017
ICYMI: On Monday, MAS released an independent survey finding potentially disastrous outcomes for New York’s fashion industry should the City’s proposal to remove zoning protections from the Manhattan Garment District go forward without any new safeguards in place.
Recent news coverage of this survey and its implications follows. MAS will continue to monitor this issue as the Department of City Planning prepares to take up the zoning change proposal on Monday, August 21.
- Fashion Industry Firms in the Garment District Wary of New Brooklyn Locations, Wall Street Journal, August 14, 2017
- For Some Designers, the Garment District Is Still in Fashion, Wall Street Journal, August 14, 2017
- Garment District rezoning could lead to industry’s demise in NYC: survey, Curbed, August 14, 2017
- Garment tenants find Sunset Park unfashionable, Crain’s New York Business, August 14, 2017
- The city wants garment manufacturers to move to Brooklyn. But is it too far?, The Real Deal, August 14, 2017
- Fashion Workers Don’t Want To Move To Sunset Park, Survey Finds, Patch.com, August 14, 2017
- Relocating Garment District to Brooklyn Could Be ‘Disastrous,’ Survey Says, DNAInfo, August 15, 2017
Sign up to stay informed.